I am a Visiting Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics at Cornell University.
My research interests lie in group theory, particularly in finite group theory. Most of my research involves graphs defined on groups. I study interactions between the combinatorial properties of these graphs and algebraic properties of the associated groups.
Previously, I was an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Basic Sciences at Sahand University of Technology.
For more details, please see my CV.
B. Akbari, J. Chuharski, V. Sharan and Z. Slonim,
of Solubilizers of Elements in Minimal Simple Groups,
Accepted for publication or in print:
- B. Akbari, C. Delizia, C. Monetta, On The Solubilizer of an Element in a Finite Group, Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics, 20(2023), 9 pages.
- B. Akbari, Mark L. Lewis, J. Mirzajani, A. R. Moghaddamfar, The Solubility Graph Associated with a Finite Group, International Journal of Algebra and Computation, 30(8)(2020), 1555–1564.
- B. Akbari, A Characterization of Some Simple Unitary Groups via Order and Degree Pattern of Solvable Graph, Journal of Algebraic Structures and Their Applications, 6(2)(2019), 115–127.
- B. Akbari, Hall Graph of a Finite Group, Note di Matematica, 39(2)(2019), 25–37.
- B. Akbari, ODs-Characterization of Some Low-Dimentional Finite Classical Groups, International Electronic Journal of Algebra, 24(2018), 73–90.
- B. Akbari, N. Iiyori, A. R. Moghaddamfar, A New Characterization of Some Simple Groups by Order and Degree Pattern of Solvable Graph, Hokkaido Mathematical Journal, 45(2016), 337–363.
- B. Akbari, A. R. Moghaddamfar, On Recognition by Order and Degree Pattern of finite Simple groups, Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, 39(2015), 163–172.
- B. Akbari, A. R. Moghaddamfar, OD-Characterization of Certain Four Dimensional Linear Groups with Related Results Concerning Degree Patterns, Frontiers of Mathematics in China, 10(1)(2015), 1–31.
- B. Akbari, A. R. Moghaddamfar, Recognizing by Order and Degree Pattern of Some Projective Special Linear Groups, International Journal of Algebra and Computation, 22(6)(2012), 22 pages.